Lunchroom lessons from 1st grade
At lunch with first graders, I learned these things:
- You have to pick 2-3 friends to eat lunch with you. It is hard to choose.
- It is very hard to stay in your seat when you are eating lunch and you are a first grader.
- 2 out of 3 first graders believe it is more fun to be an adult than a child.
- George has 3 brothers. Byron has 2 sisters. Bekah has a sister. Alex has 30 siblings. One of these first graders is probably lying.
- If you ask a first grader what they want to dress up as for Halloween, you will have no idea what they are talking about.
- First graders eat all their junk food first, usually.
- They eat each other's food non-stop. And they look over each other's lunches and swap food, also.
- Sometimes first graders get too excited and won't eat their food in the time allotted for lunch. You can solve this by having a contest called, "Who can eat 3 bites the fastest?" You can play this game multiple times because everyone wants to win.
- Sometimes first graders finish their food really quickly and want to run around the lunchroom, which the teacher does not like.
- If the above situation happens, play this game:
- Take out all the trash in your purse.
- Ask who will volunteer to throw away a Target receipt?
- Pick a winner, but the winner must walk slowly to the trash can and back.
- Who will throw away an Aldi's receipt?
- Keep playing until all the trash in your purse is gone. This will take at least 5 minutes.
- First graders think this is the best game ever.